ELON RUTBERG is a multidisciplinary artist, theorist, & creative director.
A graduate of NYU's Tisch School of the Arts, Elon's work stretches across art, theater, film, television, music, and technology.
Great Performances: Live from Lincoln Center
- Stephen Sondheim and James Lapine's Passion (Telecast Writer - Emmy Award - Best Special Class Performance)
- Adam Guettel and Craig Lucas' The Light in the Piazza (Telecast Writer)
Director of Creative Development for Tony-winning producer Jeffrey Richards. 17 Broadway shows, including:
- The Merchant of Venice with Al Pacino (Associate Producer - Tony Nomination: Best Revival of a Play)
- Will Ferrell's You're Welcome America (A Final Night with George W. Bush)
- August: Osage County (Tony Award and Pulitzer Prize for Best Play)
- Hair (Tony Award for Best Revival of a Musical)
- Spring Awakening (Tony Award for Best Musical)
- David Mamet's Speed-the-Plow, Race, A Life in the Theatre, and November.
- Lucy Prebble's Enron
- Harold Pinter's The Homecoming (40th Anniversary Revival)
Playwrights Horizons Musical Theater Resident (NY Premiere of Grey Gardens)
"Ni**as in Paris" - Associate Director/Creative Consultant
Cruel Summer - Multi-Screen Installation film / Debut: 2012 Cannes Film Festival / Screenplay, Co-Story, Original Music, Co-Producer
Yeezus - Creative Team, Co-Writer (2013 Grammy Nomination, Best Rap Album)
- "On Sight"
- "Black Skinhead"
- "I Am a God"
- "New Slaves" (2013 Grammy Nomination, Best Rap Song)
- "Hold my Liquor"
- "I'm in It"
- "Blood on the Leaves"
- "Send it Up"
- "Bound 2" (2014 Grammy Nomination, Best Rap Song)
Yeezus Tour - Co-Creative Direction, Narrative Design
"FourFiveSeconds" - original song performed by Kanye West, Paul McCartney & Rihanna - Co-Writer
The Life of Pablo - Creative Consultant, Co-writer
"Famous" - Sculpture & Video installation - Creative Supervision
"Keep Your Name" - Co-director
Numerous projects in development